2015 Mustang Contest (the "Contest")
Official Contest Rules (the "Rules")
The Contest is subject to all federal, provincial, and municipal laws.
Void where prohibited.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
- Contest Sponsor: The Contest is sponsored by Ford Motor Company of Canada, Limited (("Ford" or the "Contest Sponsor").
This Contest will be run in accordance with these Rules, subject to amendment by the Contest Sponsor. Entrants must comply with these Rules, and, by entering the Contest, will be deemed to have received and understood the Rules.
- Contest Period: The Contest starts at 00:01 EDT on Thursday, May 22, 2014 and continues until 23:59 EDT on Monday, June 30, 2014 (the "Contest Period").
- Eligibility: The Contest is only open to legal residents of Canada, who have reached the age of majority in their Province or Territory of residence at the time of Contest entry and are in the Ford marketing database (with a completed profile and an email address). Employees, representatives, dealers and agents of the Contest Sponsor, Maritz Canada, Blue Hive Canada, and each of their respective parent and affiliated companies, contest suppliers and judges, and immediate family members of any such person (regardless of where they live) or those with whom any such persons are domiciled are not eligible to enter the Contest. Entries are limited to individuals only; commercial enterprises and business entities are not eligible to enter the Contest.
- How to Enter: No purchase necessary.
AUTOMATIC ENTRY: All eligible individuals who, prior to or during the Contest Period, are in the Ford marketing database with a completed profile and email address will automatically receive one (1) entry into the Contest without taking any action.
ADDITIONAL ENTRIES: All eligible individuals in the Ford marketing database with a completed profile and email address will receive an email from Ford during the Contest Period containing a "stay connected" portion asking permission for Ford to continue to send them commercial electronic messages. All recipients of the email who elect to continue to receive commercial electronic messages from Ford will receive ten (10) additional entries into the Contest.
Limit of 11 entries per person into the Contest.
If the identity of an entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder of the recipient e-mail address will be deemed to be the entrant. The individual assigned to the e-mail address for the domain associated with the recipient e-mail address is considered the authorized account holder. A selected entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the selected entry. All entries must be submitted from a valid e-mail account that may be identified by reverse domain name search. The sole determinant of time for the purposes of receipt of a valid entry in this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s).
- Prizes: There is one (1) prize available to be won in Canada consisting of one (1) new 2015 Ford Mustang V6 Fastback (the "Prize") (approximate retail value of the Prize is CAD $30,000, including costs for freight, air tax, colour upgrade, dealer preparation, fuel fill charge, dealer administrative charges, and sales taxes).
The winner is solely responsible for any and all other incidental costs, expenses, and taxes which are not specifically referred to herein as part of the Prize description above, including but not limited to: licensing, insurance, registration, gas consumption tax, and all other costs incurred in claiming, registering or using the Prize. The Prize winner will not be entitled to any difference between actual and approximate retail value of the Prize.
The winner of the Prize must take delivery of the Prize from a Dealership that is close to his/her residence and designated by the Contest Sponsor (the "Delivery Site"). Due to the model year of the Prize, the winner may experience a reasonable interval between submitting their fully executed prize redemption documents and receiving notification that the Prize is at the Delivery Site for pickup ("Delivery Notice"). Due to the model year of the Prize, prize distribution will likely occur late 2014. The winner must take possession of the vehicle within 30 days of such Delivery Notice or the Prize will be forfeited and there will be no liability of the Contest Sponsor in the event this occurs. The winner shall bear any risk of loss or damage to the vehicle after it has been delivered to the Delivery Site.
The winner of the Prize must hold a valid Provincial driver's license and have satisfactory proof of insurance in order to take possession of the Prize vehicle.
Prize may not be exactly as shown in Contest related publicity materials.
- Winner Determination
One (1) entry will be selected via random drawing from among all eligible entries by Maritz Canada on July 15, 2014 at 13:00 EDT in Mississauga Canada. Maritz Canada will contact the selected entrant via email within one (1) business day of the random drawing ("Winner Notification"). If a selected entrant cannot be contacted within five (5) business days of the first attempt to contact (including failing to reply to the Winner Notification) or, if contacted, does not claim his/her prize, or does not meet all of the Contest conditions outlined in these Rules, the selected entrant will be disqualified and forfeits his/her prize, and another entrant may be randomly drawn from among all remaining eligible entries whom a representative of Maritz Canada will attempt to contact, and who will be subject to disqualification in the same manner. This process will continue until contact is made with a selected entrant who meets all Contests requirements or until there are no more eligible entries, whichever comes first. The Contest Sponsor is not responsible for failed attempts to notify any selected entrant. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given. The chances of winning are solely dependent on the total number of eligible entries received and are increased for entrants who opted in to allow Ford to continue to send them commercial electronic messages.
- Prize Substitution: Any prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, non-refundable, has no cash-surrender value, and must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute and/or modify any prize with (a) prize(s) of equal or greater value for any reason.
- Winner Conditions: To be declared the winner, a selected entrant must first: (i) have complied with, be in compliance with, and continue to comply with the Rules; (ii) correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by Maritz Canada via the Declaration and Release form; and (iii) sign and return a Declaration and Release form within a specified period of time.
- Tampering: All entries that are incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, have been submitted through illicit means, or do not conform to or satisfy any condition of the Rules may be disqualified by the Contest Sponsor. Contest Sponsor take no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, misdirected, late or destroyed entries, typographical or other production errors, or any errors or omissions in printing or advertising related to this Contest. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated maximum number of entries by using multiple/different names, email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that person's entries and eligibility to win the Prize and that participant will be disqualified from the Contest and, at the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsor, any of the Contest Sponsorís other promotions. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, contest entry services) will void all entries by that entrant.
Contest Sponsor assumes no responsibility for failure of the internet or the website during the Contest, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrantís or any other personís computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
- Modification/Termination: Subject to applicable law, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in their sole discretion and without liability, to terminate or suspend the Contest in whole or in part, or modify the Rules of the Contest at any time without notice if fraud, technical failures including any network server or hardware failure, viruses, bugs, errors in programming, or communications or any other errors or other causes beyond the control of the Contest Sponsor that corrupts the administration, integrity or security of the Contest or if any other factor interferes with the conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Rules, or for any other reason at the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsor. In such event, the Contest Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, choose to select (a) winner(s) via random drawing from among all eligible entries received up until the time of cancellation, termination, modification, or suspension.
- Privacy: The Contest Sponsor is not collecting personal data about entrants.
- Publicity: By accepting a prize, the winner agrees that the Contest Sponsor and its respective designees may use his/her name, photographs, videos, likenesses, city of residence, biographical information, prize information and/or statements about this Contest for advertising and/or publicity purposes in any and all media (now or hereafter known) throughout the world, in perpetuity without compensation, notification, or permission, unless otherwise prohibited by law.
- Release and Liability: By entering this Contest, entrants forever release and hold harmless the Contest Sponsor, its advertising and promotional agencies, their affiliates and respective directors, officers, owners, partners, employees, agents, dealers, representatives, successors and assigns from any and all damages, injuries, death, loss, or liability to person or property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of entering the Contest, the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, or while preparing for and/or participating in any Contest and/or prize-related activity.
- Construction: : All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants and the Contest Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Province of Ontario without giving effect to its conflict of law rules and provisions. All entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the Province of Ontario. All entrants expressly agree that the Ontario courts shall have sole jurisdiction over any dispute or litigation arising from or relating to this Contest and agree to submit to the laws of and the jurisdiction of the federal courts of Canada and provincial courts of the Province of Ontario, and hereby waive the jurisdiction of any other court that now or in the future could be considered competent for any reason. The venue shall only be Toronto, Ontario.
The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
- Quebec:Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
- Language:In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the English language version and the French language version of these Rules, the English version shall prevail, govern and control.